We recommend the following products for transplant patientsVISIT SHOP
QUOLL NECKLACE MEDICAL DOG TAGS
How will anyone know how to help you if you can’t communicate?
Typically, transplant recipients are more vulnerable to infection since they must take medicines that weaken the immune system for the purpose of preventing rejection of the donor organ. Wearing or carrying a Quoll Medical Alert digital device means you can keep the data surrounding your condition up to date 100% and in the event of a medical emergency, your paramedic, nurse or doctor will be able to access it immediately.
Doctors almost unanimously recommend that organ transplant patients equip themselves with a medical emergency device because of the high risk of infection. Depending on the type of emergency that occurs, the patient may be unable to communicate. Being able to access this critical data can literally save that person’s life.
*ATTENTION ORGAN DONORS*
Did you know that by wearing a Quoll Medical Alert device, in the event of your accidental/sudden death, identifying yourself as an organ donor can mean earlier harvesting and much greater viability of your organs?
In an emergency, communication of vital information is crucial!
First responders (ambulance, paramedics, police and other emergency situation attendees) are trained to look for a patient’s medical ID. Help them to help you (or your loved one who is an organ transplant patient).
Simply by wearing or carrying a Quoll Medical Alert device, the information will be instantly available. And not just medical information, but valuable data such as the patient’s name, address, next of kin and their contact details.
Medical emergencies that may be faced by organ transplant patients:
- In the event of an accident, you may require a blood transfusion or drugs that could go against the recommended course of treatment for your condition. Following a bone marrow transplant for example, patients must only receive irradiated blood products.
- Your list of medications and allergies must be readily accessible so that medical caregivers don’t inadvertently set back your recovery or the longevity of your donor organ.
- If you become sick and are unable to speak, your identification and next of kin’s contact details need to be instantly available.
- If you are found by a stranger in an unwell condition and can’t communicate, the very presence of your Quoll Medical Alert device will alert them to contact emergency medical services.
- In an ambulance or ER, a misdiagnosis based on unknown information can be life-threatening.
- Dialysis patients may need to alert attending physicians as to their condition so that needles are not used incorrectly and blood pressure cuffs are not used.